Sign up for Angel Investor Startup Digest and prepare to do even smarter investments this year. Here you have some of the posts I have been reading this week and hope you find some relevant stories.
Congratulation to President Donald J. Trump and to the people of The United States for a peaceful transition of power.
I am convinced that the President and the new administration also knows that entrepreneurs backed by investors change the way we live and work. Innovations improve our standard of living. In addition to creating wealth from entrepreneurial ventures, we also create jobs and the conditions for a prosperous society.
Let’s think big and dream even bigger, together, across the Atlantic!
As a curator, I want feedback on what you think should be the focus of this newsletter, and I promise your voice will be heard. Please send me the exciting news, deals, tools and feel free to connect at @vikinangels or LinkedIn.
Blake Marggraft — Stamford Advocate
- In the third quarter of 2016, nearly $600 million was invested in 45 digital health startups alone. That’s a lot of dough, but money isn’t the only necessary ingredient when it comes to cooking up a successful startup
Ernie Holtzheimer — Technical.ly
- On Tuesday, January 10, the U.S. House of Representatives once again passed a bill designed to make it easier for angel investors to fund startups.
Conrad Egusa & David Carter — TechCrunch
- The details of Brazil’s decline … have been recounted many times in the last four years. Political corruption, fiscal mismanagement, falling commodity prices and stagnation in China converged to bring about a dramatic reversal.
Susan Cohen & Mintz Levin — VentureBeat.com
- The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) published on Tuesday a final regulation that expands the use of the government’s “parole” authority to authorize an immigration benefit for foreign entrepreneurs who can demonstrate they will provide a significant public benefit to the United States as a result of economic growth and/or job creation.
Shweta Modgil — Inc24
- How is technology changing the venture capital landscape in India?
Thomas Ohr — EU Startups
- Paris-based FinTech startup Qonto raises $1.7 million to build a new kind of bank for entrepreneurs.