Every Friday we send out a newsletter to more than 8000 Angel Investors around the world, once in awhile I post some news here so you maybe can see the value of subscribing.
Here you have some of the posts I have been reading the last couple of days and hope you find some relevant stories.
Mariann Hudson — Forbes
- Angel investors are constantly seeking new tools, strategies and approaches to invest wisely. After all, picking winners isn’t easy. Angel portfolio research shows a better than 50% probability that an angel investment will result in a loss.
Aniruddha Malpani — Inc24
- When most people think of startups, they believe that it is the founder who pitches to investors in order to raise money. However, you could also flip this and think about it from an alternative angle — that investors are hiring founders to earn money for them.
Rozelle Laha — HindustanTimes
- After stepping down as the as chairman of the Tata Group in 2012, Ratan Tata has invested in a number of Indian startups, including Snapdeal, UrbanClap, CashKaro, Urban Ladder, Paytm, Ola Cabs and Swasth India, among others.
Tola Agunbiade — Techcabal
- Startup Genome is currently leading the world’s broadest and most in-depth research on startup ecosystems, assessing over 50 cities across more than 50 resource and performance metrics.
Steve Blank — SteveBlank.com
- What happens to a company when a visionary CEO is gone? Most often innovation dies and the company coasts for years on momentum and its brand. Apple-equals-Microsoft. Rarely does it regain its former glory.
Anthony Ha — TechCrunch
- New York City startup IrisVR is announcing that it has raised $8 million in Series A funding. The company has built virtual reality tools for the architecture and design industries.
Oliver Jones — Angel Investment Network Blog
- I just stumbled across this infographic which gives some intriguing insights on the best city to be a startup in. Check it out… do you think they’ve missed anywhere?
Be a good sport. Sign up for Angel Investor Startup Digest today!